St Mungo’s is a charity and housing association supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
St Mungo’s vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions.
St Mungo’s was established almost 50 years ago in 1969 and now provides more than 300 services across the south and south west. The organisation has a recovery-based approach and provides support directly to people, either to prevent them becoming homeless, or to respond to it and help them recover. They also work to build relationships with communities andpartners, aiming to increase the public understanding of homelessness. St Mungo’s advocates for policy change by combining the voices of their clients with those of staff about what worksto end homelessness and rebuild lives.
- To empower; they believe in bringing out the best in people; equipping them to make their own decisions and reach their potential.
- To beinclusive; they respect and value people for who they are, and believe that by giving people a voice, and listening to what they have to say, we all benefit.
- To be committed; everyone has their part to play in ending homelessness. They are dedicated to providing safe and effective services that work to achieve this aim.
- To be creative; in their thoughts, words and actions, St Mungo’s looks for ways to innovate and develop services to offer help to people in the way that’s right for them.
- To be accountable; they take responsibility for their actions, keeping people informed, and evaluating their results and impact as they strive to improve.